Saturday, November 4, 2017

Vibrant India


I absolutely love Indian food but am very limited in what I can make. When I got this book I was so excited to try and tackle more Indian cuisine. This book focuses on fresh vegetarian recipes. Before beginning to try recipes readers are encouraged to review the Indian Cooking Techniques and Tips that are including in the book. A great overview of spices, fresh ingredients, sweeteners, nuts, seeds, lentils, beans, rice, grains, flours, cooking oils, as well as kitchen tools are given with detailed explanations.


The Chapters are broken down into the following:
  1. Breakfast and Light Meals
  2. Salads and Yogurts
  3. Stir-Fries and Curries
  4. Rice and Bread
  5. Soups, Stews, and Lentils
  6. Festive Bites and Snacks
  7. Sweets and Drinks
  8. Chutneys and Pickles
  9. From Scratch
Through out the book you will find amazing pictures such as these opposite the new chapter introduction page.



Delectible dishes will tempt your taste buds displaying amazing Indian dishes.



One of the dishes that I made was Lemon Peanut Rice which is pictured directly above. It is amazingly delicious. I often could really take or leave meat and do not necessary always want my protein to come in the form of beans. This dish was a great alternative in that the protein source came from peanut. It was satisfying and very filling.


This amazing Shredded Carrot and Lentil Salad is not only a feast for the eyes but it is so very scrumptious! I could live off of salads like this.


I found this book to be much more than just a cookbook. This book was a wealth of information about Indian life, culture, diet, and detailed information about the staples of the foods that they eat from the spices to the main ingredients. I have learned so much from this book. It is truly a wealth of information beyond what I ever imagined. I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to know about the details of the Indian diet. The instructions given for the recipes are very detailed and are easy to follow. They give plenty of explanation for the beginner novice wanting to learn to cook delicious Indian cuisine.

Disclaimer: "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...