Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Slumber Party with a Service Dog


Karis enjoyed her first sleepover at a friend's house with Mazie at her side. I hooked Karis 
up to her TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) about 6 hours earlier than normal 
so that she could enjoy her fun night. Knowing that Mazie was by 
her side gave both Karis and I great comfort just in case Karis got in trouble 
adrenal wise. Thankfully the night remained without incident health wise. It was a night filled 
with fun, laughter, and memories were made. Mazie faithfully stayed at 
Karis's side into the wee hours of the night, or should I say the next morning. What a trooper! 
Service dogs are truly a blessing. I am sure that Karis and Mazie will be 
going to many more slumber parties together in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Elephant is Blue

Melinda Szymanik writes about BIG feelings in her book My Elephant is Blue. Have you ever felt so down that you felt as though an elephant ...