Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My Thoughts on the online kids resale, Kids on 45th

As fast as kids grow I am definitely always looking for sales and bargains on kids clothing. I am also a huge fan of one particular Once Upon a Child store that is local to us. Other than that I am not the biggest fan of second hand stores as I find them a bit disorganized. The clothing is usually overly worn out, out of style, and for the most part lower end brands. The particular store I go to is very selective as to the clothing they select in their buying process which makes shopping their store worthwhile. Having a large family I prefer to spend a bit more on the higher end brand clothing so that I can pass it down to the next kiddo and not have it look worn, oddly shaped because it has shrunken from washing, etc. It lasts and and holds up well. I came across Kids on 45th on the internet and after looking at the reviews and the many pictures that people had posted thought I would give it a try. Many people talked about receiving clothing with tags still attached. The clothing was very nice looking. Not wrinkled or shrunken from lots of wear. This lead me to believe that they were selective in their clothing that they were willing to ship out to customers. WRONG! I wasn't expecting Versace but I sure was not expecting Wal-Mart, oddly shrunken, stained clothing either. Sure, from time to time, I buy my kiddos clothes from Target for play knowing that it will probably not be handed down. It is cute and the price is right. I wouldn't expect to resell it. I may hand it down to a friend for free. Here is the invoice of what I ordered. Keep in mind these are clothes for a 10 1/2 year old.

5 long sleeve shirts
1 sweater/sweatshirt
1 winter dress
1 pair of jeans/pants



The sweater had a pull on the back with a small hole. 


The jeans were very wide legged and definitely not what you would 
consider IN STYLE!


This shirt is just beyond ugly. I am sorry. It is like a huge balloon. Not stylish at all!!


If anything in the box was decent it was this dress but then again
the dress is so short you have to have leggings to wear it. My daughter is
very short for her age. She is 10 and is the size of an average 7-8 year old so 
that tells you how short the dress is. You can see the shirt above is the same
length as the dress?!?!


This shirt has a stain right on the front on the upper middle. Also, when the arms
and the shirt part are the same length there is a problem. It has SHRUNK! Meaning
the torso part is going to be too short!


See the oval stain?


Again, a wonderful Wal-Mart, Faded Glory, shirt. Torso part has shrunk so 
that means that it is not going to fit!! 


I requested long sleeve shirts. This is not a long sleeve shirt?


Again, NOT A LONG SLEEVE SHIRT!! I requested long sleeve shirts!


So many of the videos on their Facebook site are deceiving. People talk about receiving 
clothing with tags still on them. The clothing is not wrinkled. It is A LOT NICER than what
I received. It is almost like the videos shown are staged. I am not saying they are it just
seems odd to me. Most of our clothing was very wrinkled and quite worn. Not 
like what people on the site are showing in pictures and videos. 

Overall thoughts on Kids on 45th. I will not be ordering from them again. 
I guess lesson learned. It was a $27.72 lesson learned. Hope this review 
helps someone else considering purchasing from them. Maybe your experience
will be far better than mine was. I will stick to purchasing in person so that
I can see what I am buying. 

2 comments:

  1. I just got mine. Thumbs down .
    I got two packages which I thought was weird. I opened one and it had a hat I didn’t order. The “winter dress” was a very thin sleeveless cord dress.
    All those items were things I could have purchased way less at a garage sale. They were not quality like the advertised video that caught my eye. The video drew my attention as it had multiple kickee pants items. The condition isn’t great either most had wash wear.

    I opened up the second box and it was a 14/16 thermal I never ordered but it belonged with the hat.

    Both packages had the same tracking label ��‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here’s my honest review of Kids on 45th subscription box of gently used clothing. Long story short, I will give them one more try assuming I can still use the 20% off code. Read on for more information.

    CONS:
    Upon opening of box, I realized that the clothes had come in contact with a cat. (Allergic to cats!)
    Some sizes didn’t match up. Not a huge deal breaker (6/7 size in one brand is bigger than other or Husky size was given and none of my kids were listed as husky)
    I asked for dark colors and received some light colored clothes.

    PROS:
    They are cheaper than Goodwill.
    I used a 20% off code.
    One or two pieces were a nicer name brand. No New clothes with tags. All looked used. Some looked gently used.
    No stains, tears, or missing buttons.
    My kids have clothes that I don’t mind getting messy, which they will inevitably do in less than one day. ��

    ReplyDelete

My Elephant is Blue

Melinda Szymanik writes about BIG feelings in her book My Elephant is Blue. Have you ever felt so down that you felt as though an elephant ...