Tuesday, November 7, 2023

IQ PERPLEX ~ A Timberdoodle Review


IQ Perplex is an interactive strategy puzzle game featuring 120 challenges for players of all levels. A confident strategy can be doomed when you realize that the puzzle pieces don't fit together the way you imagined. IQ Perplex is intended for ages 12 and older and can be purchased on the Timberdoodle website. 

GAME RULES

1. Choose any challenge. The challenge levels are as follows: Starter, Junior, Expert, Master, and Wizard.

2. Fit remaining pieces on board. The key is the remember that the pieces will overlap one another. You may have to lift pieces in order to make a new one fit in place. 

3. When all of the pieces fit on the game board and the surface of the cube aligns you have solved the puzzle! There is only one solution to each puzzle. All solutions are found at the end of the challenge booklet. 

HINTS


It is important to keep in mind that some puzzle pieces can be turned between three to six different orientations, while others can only be rotated one way. Although it appears purple in the picture, the piece described in A is actually blue. In order to solve the puzzles, all pieces in A, B, and C must be rotated, flipped, and positioned in accordance with instructions.


FOR VISUAL LEARNERS

For those that are more visual learners Smart Games put out a wonderful video that visually details the rules of IQ Perplex and how pieces can move on the board. 


  LET'S PLAY 

I gave IQ Perplex to my mother so my stepfather could work on the puzzles. He has always loved the challenge of IQ Smart Games that I have reviewed in the past. Despite being over 80 years old, my step father is a genius at solving puzzles. Apparently, he completed all 120 challenges. When I asked if she had gotten pictures, she said she had forgotten. NO!!! 

PUZZLE 19 
In puzzle 19 you are given the position of all of the pieces except for three pieces. The last three pieces you must figure out how to position in the empty places in the puzzle.



Puzzle 10
(17-year-old daughter) 
It took my daughter all of 15 seconds to place the pieces to solve this puzzle.  


What was I thinking? Her smirk says it all.


I should have given her a much harder one. LOL


Puzzle 29
(15-year-old daughter) 
I was quite surprised when it took my daughter right around a 
minute to finish this puzzle. 


This is so easy.


I wonder if mom is going to make me do more?


Done.


Puzzle 36
(21-year-old daughter)
You're no match for me!


Challenge accepted.


Strategizing.


I ain't playin with you now. 


I did it! I did it! 


Isn't it just gorgeous?


Puzzle 48
(22-year-old son)
He was so kind to help me review. 


Strategizing. 


Almost got it!


Done.


My family and step-dad enjoyed playing IQ Perplex. Thanksgiving Day is sure to be a day for passing around. The concept of Smart Games is to challenge your brain by playing multi-level logic games. From preschoolers to 99+, they have games for everyone. A wide selection of games is available from Smart Games, including family games, mini games, XXL games, preschool games, classic games, compact games, pocket games, and magnetic games. As well as building confidence, Smart Games develop cognitive skills, social skills, and language skills. If you are looking for a unique challenge, I highly recommend IQ Perplex.  


This would make a great game to take to your Thanksgiving
get together with family or friends. 


or

It would make the perfect Christmas gift or stocking stuffer.


Check out IQ Perplex today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

In Time

  'In Time' by Marina Ruiz is a beautifully written book about stopping and appreciating nature's beauty and what only time can...