Sunday, November 10, 2013

Simply Smart

In my early years of homeschooling I thought that curriculum needed to be eye catching so that my children would not be bored. I thought that the best way to make for the best experience was to use an all in one type curriculum. After spending huge amounts of money and seeing poor results, I came to the conclusion that I needed to investigate some more. After countless hours online and talking to more seasoned homeschoolers, I soon realized we needed change. I sought out to find the best curriculums for each subject. I found myself migrating to more literature based and Classical curriculum's. I know that all homeschoolers will not agree with my thought and ideas, that is the beauty of homeschooling. After revamping I ended up purging a large amount of what we had on the shelves. Seeing success in my children was a huge victory. I saw my children learning to love to read and enjoy learning. I have also learned that what works for one child does not always work for the next in line. I have been homeschooling for 13 years through the ups and downs of life and would not change the choice that we made years ago to homeschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...