Friday, February 27, 2015

Review - Koru Naturals


I had the opportunity to trial some products by Koru Naturals. I was asked to use the Emu Oil Premium Golden and Pure and Simple New Zealand Lanolin Cream for a period of about four weeks. Koru Naturals has a wide selection of wonderful products in their catalog. Koru Naturals products are never tested on animals and contain natural substances such as manuka honey, lanolin, tea tree, manuka oil, rosehip oil and Rotorua mud. This company has been bringing the beauty of New Zealand to the United States since 2002. 


Emu Oil
Emu Oil Premium Golden is a traditional Australian Aboriginal natural oil to be used as a moisturizer for the skin or hair. I was curious as to other uses for the oil so I researched it a bit on the Internet and found some interesting uses. I was excited about the product information stating Emu Oil Premium Golden could be used "to reduce the depth and length of fine lines and wrinkles." The oil does not really have any definite fragrance. It soaks into your skin with minimal amount of an oily feeling. Hopefully, with continued use, the oil will to decrease the dryness in my skin and decrease my "slightly aging" appearance. I am impressed with how well the oil was absorbed into my skin.

When I began using the oil on my face I was experiencing an acne breakout that was due to stress. I was surprised at how well the oil helped with the redness. So far, I have not noticed any significant change on my face.

Next, I used the oil on my feet to try to combat the rough, dry, calloused feel and appearance. Emu Oil works great to soften the skin on your feet. I think that with continued use of Emu Oil Premium Golden on my feet, my feet will be ready for wearing sandals in the summer.

Emu Oil Premium Golden also works great as a lip moisturizer.


Lanolin Cream
Pure and Simple Lanolin New Zealand Cream has a mild, pleasant fragrance. The cream is not at all greasy and my hands felt well moisturized after applying. As a mom I am constantly washing my hands which leaves them dry and rough. After using the Pure and Simple New Zealand Lanolin Cream during the day, I noticed at the end of the day that my hands were dramatically different in comparison to a day that I had not used cream or lotion at all. I am very sensitive to harsh perfumes and fragrances so I was pleased that I did not have to worry about this aspect while using these products. 

I have several children with extremely sensitive skin and eczema and this cream was gentle enough for them to use. Most lotions and creams tend to burn the surface of the skin when applied to skin with eczema. My daughters were pleasantly surprised that the Pure and Simple New Zealand Lanolin Cream did not cause any irritation. As a parent it is very important to me to use products that will benefit my children without causing irritation.

Final Thoughts
If you are looking for natural products to care for your skin and hair Koru Naturals is definitely something I would encourage you to try. I can feel confident using these products knowing that they are free of chemical and additives that many skin and hairs products contain. I enjoyed trailing these products and will definitely continue to use Koru Naturals products in the future. I am anxious to try some of their other products as well.

Social Media:
Facebook
Pinterest

The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew tested many different Koru Naturals products. To read what others had to say click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop Overthinking Now

  In 'Overthinking  Stops  Now,' Sarah Kingswell explains how to stop overthinking.  Introduction Awareness And Acceptance Challenge...