Thursday, September 5, 2024

A Bit of Earth: A Year In The Garden With God


Andrea G. Burke's A Bit Of Earth is an absolute gem. In fact, I loved the book so much that I purchased a copy on Amazon. Although I am not a gardener, the words within the pages of this book spoke to me on a very personal level and I knew I needed a physical copy to take notes in and highlight. It is divided into four seasons: winter, spring, summer, and autumn. Seasons speak not only to what grows within the garden, but also to what is gradually coming to an end. God's goodness is evident at all times, even in the midst of heartbreak. Throughout the book, Burke shares many personal stories to illustrate God's goodness, faithfulness, and steadfastness. All of this is woven into the seasons and gardening. Burke's writings reveal her passion for outdoor living and gardening and a great deal of knowledge about the subject. My original intention was to use this book as a devotional, but I found myself reading it all the way through. I plan to read it again slowly and meditate more on the prayers and scriptures throughout. I encourage anyone to get this book and spend a year in the garden with God.   









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silent Night

  The book Silent Night by Lara Hawthorne is a beautifully illustrated book containing one of Christianity's most beloved Christmas so...