Tuesday, February 28, 2017

By The Way Book Series ~ A Review


By the Way Book Series offers a collection of children's books with biblical values. My 10 year old daughter enjoyed reading Florida's Teasure Coast ~ Here We Come!. This hardcover 48 page book is geared for children ages 5-12. Your child will follow Alex and Lexi as they explore Treasure Coast with their grandparents. 

These books are:

  1. Informative by putting the WOW into learning.
  2. Integrated by showing how science, geography, and history are integrated into the story.
  3. Intentional by presenting the material with scripture included in order to train and teach. 
  4. Inspirational by focusing on God as creator and designer of all creation. 
"The sea is His, and He made it, and His hand formed the dry land. O come, let us worship
and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker."
Psalm 95:5


In addition to the book you can purchase these supplemental products to go along with the book study.


The book begins by engaging your child in trying out their sleuthing skills.


Your child will learn about:
  • Palm Trees
  • Beach Combing
  • Sand
  • Birds
  • Geography
  • Ocean
  • Ocean Mammals
  • Ocean dwellers
  • Historical ship wrecks
  • Pirates
  • Indians
  • Historical figures
  • Insects and bugs
  • Tides
  • Geocaching
  • Alligators
  • Flowers
  • Land animals 
My 10 year old daughter LOVES animals! She was so very excited when this book arrived. She sat down in one sitting and read through the entire book. Many of the things she read she already knew about but there were so many new things that she learned. She liked that the book incorporated so many topics besides just animals. Often I would hear her saying, "Hey mom did you know.....". I learned some very interesting things too. I did not know that the US Navy uses dolphins to sniff out hard-to-detect explosives. Or, did you know that Sanderlings are hatched in the high Arctic, then travel 3,000 to get to Florida and never touch down until they arrive. 

My daughter said, "Mom can you please get me the rest of these books. I really need them! I loved learning about all of the animals. I cannot choose a favorite animal or part of the book. I learned some very interesting stuff."


My younger daughter, who doesn't particularity enjoy reading, had fun looking at the pictures and reading parts of the book that interested her. 


She said, "I liked the colorful pictures. There were too many words to read the whole book so I read the words in color or the words in boxes. I liked that Bible verses were in the book."




Your child will learn why this part of Florida is called the "Treasure Coast." Aye, you will have to read the book to get this nugget of gold. 

There are other book in this series and several that are in the works. In addition the books below, books on Ireland, New York City, Idaho, and Indiana will be coming out later in 2017. I think the next book that I would be interested in getting would be Smoky Mountains ~ Here We Come!


Overall I was very pleased with this book. It was full of educational insights, breathtaking photography, and a fun storyline. I would definitely recommend these books to others. 

To read more reviews click here.

Social Media

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Low-FODMAP Diet Cookbook For Beginners

The Low-FODMAP Diet Cookbook For Beginners  by Nathan Terrell provides delicious recipes for managing IBS and other digestive disorders. The...