Tuesday, July 12, 2016

ArtAchieve ~ A Review

My daughters had so much fun learning to draw with the Entire Level I from, ArtAchieve. The art featured in ArtAchieve is inspired from around the globe. Level I is for the beginning art student and provides simple, easy art projects. ArtAchieve has 5 levels of study and can be purchased in bundles, by level, or the entire curriculum can be purchased. 


I used ArtAchieve with my 8, 10, and 13 year old kiddos. Each of my kiddos really enjoyed working through many of the art lessons included. 

Level 1 includes the following lessons:
  • The Hungarian Insects
  • The Haitian Gecko
  • The Dragonfly from Ecuador
  • The Chinese Dragon
  • The Owl from Bali
  • The Kitenge Tree Wall Hanging from Tanzania
  • The Plate from Nepal
  • Four Suns with Four Faces
  • The Sheep from Wales
  • Simple Lines
Lessons can be viewed by video or PowerPoint. Each lesson begins with a warm-up which breaks the work of art into segmented parts. Instead of going into the drawing lesson intimidated the student gets to draw small parts of the "bigger picture." I really liked this approach. It reminds me of the saying, "When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time." Next, you have the choice to either watch a video or click through a PowerPoint in order to complete the lesson. All of my daughters preferred to use the PowerPoint because it allowed them to go at their own speed. With the video they were constantly stopping, rewinding, and pausing. 



Each lesson lists the National Standards for Arts Education
It was very helpful to see the breakdown of the art skills taught and thus learned.


Not only will your child learn how to draw but they will learn history, science, geography, as well as a myriad of interesting and very helpful art tools. Supply lists are given for each lesson. The student is guided by step by step instructions.


The lesson guides the student from beginning to end for a successful work of art. 


My daughters absolutely loved these art lessons. I absolutely fell in love with everything about this program. For the first time, I feel like my children are really getting a full, well-rounded art education. 
Hungarian Insects



Haitian Gecko




The Owl From Bali 



I wanted to include these pictures to show the "other" side to the learning process. Sometimes perfectionism gets the best of you. 
My daughter was so very frustrated that she messed upon her owl. 
In the end all was well and she ended up 
with an owl that she could be proud of. 


Finished!!


The Sheep From Wales



What my daughters said,

"I really liked this program. I didn't think that I could really draw but now I know that I can. I have learned a lot about different animals, bugs, and creatures. I cannot wait to finish all of the lessons."

"I give this art program 5 stars!! I was so excited about doing these art lessons. I love all animals. I want my mom to get all of the lessons so that I can keep on doing more art."

"These lessons were very simple and easy to complete. I definitely would be more challenged with a higher level. I thought the videos were a bit cheesy but I really liked the PowerPoint option. I really enjoy drawing and this program made learning both easy and fun."

I would highly recommend this art curriculum. I will most definitely continue to use ArtAchieve as part of our educational journey. 

To read more reviews click here.

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Elephant is Blue

Melinda Szymanik writes about BIG feelings in her book My Elephant is Blue. Have you ever felt so down that you felt as though an elephant ...