Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween 2018

As a Christian for our family Halloween is not about ghosts, goblins, witches, skeletons, and gore. Since my oldest child was old enough to question about Halloween my husband and I have gone back and forth as do we let our kiddos partake in anything Halloween or completely cut ourselves off from this particular holiday. Over the years we have done both. Some years we have chosen to turn the porch lights off and let our kiddos dress up in their play clothes (princess and superhero costumes) while watching movies as a family. A couple of years we have celebrated Reformation Day at our church dressing up as people from the Bible. A couple of years we have let our kiddos dress up in non scary costumes and let them go around the neighborhood with friends. The last couple of years we have been going to some scheduled fun events with a group we are involved with. One particular year some of my kiddos handed out Gospel tracts. As a Christian we are called to live in the world but not be of the world. I know some Christians would totally disagree and condemn me for my choices, particularly in letting my children partake in anything related to Halloween at all. To that I say, my children are quite aware of the evil of what so many people make Halloween out to be. They know what scripture says about evil and that evil isn't just present on Halloween but is present every single day. Satan and his demons are working to destroy the lives of individuals and families every single minute of every single day. When this came across my Facebook postings today I just knew I had to share it. The Bible also says that God can use the evilest of men and circumstances to bring about His glory. So as we celebrate October 31, 2018, I want to share with you this beautiful analogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Isabelle Simler's Home describes twenty-seven fantastic creatures in their habitats and homes. Intricate illustrations coupled with bea...