Sunday, August 30, 2026

God Changes Me


God Changes Me is a children's book about the doctrines of sanctification and the Holy Spirit. We need to be rescued from ourselves and from sin. The Bible tells us that change is possible only when a stronger power transforms us from the inside out. The Holy Spirit makes that change within us. Heart change leads to behavior change. In this book children will see examples such as temptation to disobey parents, the struggle to share, and the many big emotions that we all feel. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing is the perfect hymn to go along with this book. 

The hymn "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" beautifully complements the book's message by emphasizing the need for divine assistance in our spiritual journey. It highlights the themes of grace and transformation, underscoring how God's love and guidance can lead to personal growth and change. By pairing the hymn with the book, children can better understand the concept of seeking God's help to overcome challenges and embrace a life of faith.

Teaching the doctrines of sanctification and the Holy Spirit to children is crucial because it lays the foundation for their spiritual growth and moral development. Understanding these concepts helps children recognize their own capacity for change and the role of divine assistance in shaping their character. By learning these doctrines early, children are better equipped to navigate life's challenges with faith and resilience.

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Come Thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise

Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount, I'm fixed upon it
Mount of Thy redeeming love

Here I raise my Ebenezer
Here by Thy great help I've come
And I hope by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home

Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God
He to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood
(Precious blood)

Oh, that day when freed from sinning
I shall see Thy lovely face
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I'll sing Thy sovereign grace

Come my Lord, no longer tarry
Take my ransomed soul away
Send Thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless days

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
Let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, oh take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

Here's my heart
Oh take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

Songwriter: Robert Robinson 


Grace Habib has produced incredible artwork that perfectly compliments Wetherell's books. Besides being colorful and engaging, her artwork is also age-appropriate. Upon reaching the final page, little ones will be delighted with what they discover. Rhyme and the rhythmic style of the text appeal to young children. Rhythmic patterns such as those found in this book can help young children learn to repeat and memorize what they hear. At the end of the book, there is a Note to Parents. 

Check out Crossway's website to see at of Kristen Wetherell's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Changes Me

God Changes Me is a children's book about the doctrines of sanctification and the Holy Spirit. We need to be rescued from ourselves and...