Saturday, October 8, 2016

No-Sew Shopkins Costume

My daughter wanted to be a Shopkin for Halloween. She didn't like the costume choices in the store so I decided to make one. Let me preface by saying, "I cannot sew." The entire costume was put together with fabric glue!! I will take you step by step in making this cute Kooky Cookie.

Step 1
I used thin flannel. This piece is 2 yards. I folded the material in half. To make a nice circle I used twine and fashioned a circle. I then taped the circle to the fabric with scotch tape.


Step 2
I now have two exact circle pieces one on top of the other.


Step 3
I cut out the part of the cookie that was eaten. I then used fabric glue to glue the two pieces of flannel together. I left an opening for the head, arms, and leg area. Fabric glue dries really quickly.


Step 4
I added this step to reinforce the glue seam. I really don't think this was really needed but decided to do it anyway. I placed safety pins above the glued edge.


Step 5
Safety pins are placed all of the way around. After this was done I let the costume sit for an hour just to be sure that the fabric glue was completely set. I then turned it inside out so that the safety pins and raw edges are on the inside.


Step 6
Using a picture of Kooky from my phone I cut out paper pieces for the face and used them as a pattern for cutting the material. I glued each layer of the eyes and mouth.  I bunched up some material for the nose.


Step 7
Next I cut out pieces to resemble the chocolate chips and glued them on. After it was all complete I let it sit for an hour before having my daughter try it on.


Step 8
Modeling our no sew version of Kooky Cookie!!




SaveSaveSaveSave

10 comments:

  1. No sew comes in handy and the costume turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! My daughter loves Shopkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopkins is the best!! Love this costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great costume idea! I also love how it easily would fit over warm wintery clothes in cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this costume, and my daughter loves Shopkins. I may have to add this to our new sew costume roundup! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this. Looks pretty simple to make.

    ReplyDelete