Friday, August 7, 2015

Slow And Steady Wins The Race


Slow and steady, that is how I like to start the school year. Jumping feet first into a new school year with a full load of subjects is overwhelming!! Years ago I realized that the beauty of homeschooling meant that I didn't have to conform to the conventional ways of "doing" school. Instead, I introduce one or two subjects a weeks until all subjects have been incorporated into the mix. This gives me as well as my kiddos time to adjust to the demands of the new school year. What is nice about this approach is that it also means that by the time the end of the school year rolls around you are not doing every subject until the bitter end. Instead, when Spring Fever hits, you are wrapping up the first subject you began at the beginning of the school year. A staggered beginning and end, perfect!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...