Sunday, October 4, 2015

Autumn is here......

Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year. The brilliant colors in the fall remind me of a painters palate, rich in colors. Apples, pumpkin, cider, hot cocoa, and warm fuzzy sweaters. The air is fresh and crisp. Leaves fall to the ground in a blanket of vibrant color. To celebrate autumn here are a few of my favorite children's books.




“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” 
~ L.M. Montgomery ~





“No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face."
~ John Donne ~




“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” 
~ Jim Bishop ~



“Just as a painter needs light in order to put the finishing touches to his picture, so I need an inner light, 
which I feel I never have enough of in the autumn.” 
~ Leo Tolstoy ~


“Nothing dies as beautifully as autumn.” 
~ Ashlee Willis ~





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Elephant is Blue

Melinda Szymanik writes about BIG feelings in her book My Elephant is Blue. Have you ever felt so down that you felt as though an elephant ...