Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Grapevine Studies



I had the opportunity to review Old Testament 1 ~ Level 2Old Testament 1 ~ Level 3, and Old Testament 1 ~ Level 4 by Grapevine Studies. Grapevine Studies use stick figures, timelines, words, and symbols to teach young children and adolescents God's Word. The Old Testament Overview Series is a chronological bible study. For this review I received the digital E-book versions of these books. 

Going into this curriculum I was really excited. I will be honest and admit that I struggle with consistency when it comes to daily Bible study with my children. I will also say that I am ashamed about that. It is so very easy to loose sight of the IMPORTANCE of daily study in God's Word amidst the craziness of life. I get so caught up in getting the academic side accomplished during the normal school day that I neglect this very important piece of my children's life. I was so very excited to get a chance to use this curriculum. I loved that there are multiple levels and that all of the levels teach the same basic content. This is a HUGE plus since I am juggling many kiddos. So lets get started!!


Level 2

Level 2
Level 2 is geared for ages 8-10. Old Testament 1 contains 12 weekly lessons or 45 daily lessons. The focus of this level is Extra Memory Work. Students will use their Bible to complete the lessons. This is part of the four part series on the Old Testament. The four part series broken down is:
  1. Creation to Jacob
  2. Joseph to the Promised Land
  3. The Jordan River to the Temple
  4. The Prophets to Nehemiah
Additionally, students will memorize the Old Testament Books, 12 sons of Jacob, and the Ten Commandments. 



How we used it

I used this with my 2nd grader.  My daughter's Sunday School class is working through the book of Genesis this year and this curriculum is an amazing supplement and reinforcement for what she is learning in class. My daughter has thoroughly enjoyed working through the lessons and often will come to me and ask if we can do more. It is exciting to see your child love studying the Bible. After each lesson I have my daughter retell the story in her own words using the pictures that she has drawn. 


Level 3

Level 3
Level 3 is geared for ages 10-12. The curriculum contains 12 weekly lessons or 45 daily lessons. The focus of this level is Bible Geography. Students will use a Bible to help complete their work. This is part of the four part series on the Old Testament. The four part series broken down is:
  1. Creation to Jacob
  2. Joseph to the Promised Land
  3. The Jordan River to the Temple
  4. The Prophets to Nehemiah 

How we used it
I used this with my 4th grader. My daughter absolutely loved this curriculum. If she could have she would have spent a lot longer each day working through the lessons if I would have let her. This year in Sunday School her class is covering the book of Genesis and so this has been a perfect complement to what is being taught in class. My daughter really enjoyed drawing out the stories with pictures. 


Level 4

Level 4
Level 4 is geared for ages 12-14. The curriculum contains 12 weekly lessons or 45 daily lessons. The focus of this level is Bible Study Tools. Students in this level will need access to a Bible Dictionary, Topical Bible, and a Concordance. This is part of the four part series on the Old Testament. The four part series broken down is:
  1. Creation to Jacob
  2. Joseph to the Promised Land
  3. The Jordan River to the Temple
  4. The Prophets to Nehemiah

How we used it
I used this with my 7th grader. I have been searching for a Bible Study for my daughter for awhile now. This was exactly what I have been searching for. It is hands on, requires the student to use study tools, and has great content. This was the first time my daughter has used Bible study tools in a study. My daughter already had the required helps on her iPad but up until now has never used them. She really enjoyed the curriculum and has taken the initiative to spend quality time, meticulously working through the lessons.  

For all of these levels your child will draw eyes at the top of each page. The eyes are a continual reminder in Genesis to look toward the promise of Messiah, the one who will restore the broken relationship between God and man. 


In order to save paper and ink I opted to make copies of the books utilizing the two pages per side, double sided printing selection. This was not the most ideal printing option as it was much harder to make the stick figures and symbols in the smaller space given utilizing this print option.

Final Thoughts
We really enjoyed using Grapevine Studies. My children loved the hands on approach to learning the Bible. I would highly recommend this to other homeschoolers and friends. All of my children have requested that I purchase further studies as they have so enjoyed these so much. You can read Grapevine Studies, Statement of Faith, here.

To read more reviews click HERE


Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...