Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving Poem

On our calendar, Thanksgiving comes once a year,
but in my heart, it is always here.
In the morning, I thank God for the things I see;
all the beauty He gives to me.
I thank Him for each sound I hear,
the rustling leaves, the bleating deer.
I thank Him for the roof over my head,
and my warm cozy bed;
I thank Him for each scent I smell,
some beckoning my stomach to fill.
I thank God for the things I touch,
being able to feel means so much;
I thank Him for my family,
each one, so special to me.
I know now what I am trying to say,
thank God for everything, every day.
On our calendar, Thanksgiving comes once a year


~ Winston Staples ~


I love to reflect on all that I am thankful for. First and foremost, I am thankful for the Lord in my life. I cannot imagine my world without God's presence in my life. God continually blesses exceedingly abundant beyond all measure. I am so very thankful for my family. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband and six amazing children. My husband is my perfect complement. My children bring me so much joy and bless me beyond measure. I am grateful for our home. God has blessed us with the perfect home to fit our family. I am grateful for the many friends that God has blessed with me. They are like precious jewels. I am grateful for the many doctors and therapists that God has placed on our family's journey. Without the many amazing doctor's my children would not be where they are today. I would love to name all of them, but due to privacy I won't do that. 


I hurt for the many that struggle during this time of the year. There are so many circumstances that make the holiday's difficult. Hold tight to HOPE!! This year so many people in my path have suffered great lose. I pray for those that are celebrating this holiday season without their loved ones. I pray for those are are dealing with various trials in their lives. Cling to the blessings, because they are there. Sometimes it feels like you are drowning. The Lord intimately knows your pain. There is nothing that we will ever go through that the Lord Himself has not endured.  Life is so very short. Each day that we are given is a undeserved blessing for all of us. 

I challenge you this THANKSGIVING DAY to sit down and list all of the many blessing in your life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...