Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Grieving the Child I Never Knew


Grieving The Child I Never Knew ~ A Devotional for Comfort in the Loss of Your Unborn or Newly Born Child, written by Kathe Wunnenberg, and published by Zondervan is a fitting gift for anyone who has endured the loss of a baby.

There are no perfect words to comfort a mother when she looses a baby in miscarriage, stillbirth, or soon after birth. This book is written by a mother who has known the pain of loss and the comfort that can only be found in God. Every mother prays that she will never have to endure such a devastating lose. Kathe Wunnenberg, with wisdom and compassion, guides the hurting mother as she journeys the path of loosing a baby that she never got to know.

The book consists of 7 chapters:

  1. Hiding
  2. Suffering
  3. Questioning 
  4. Forgiving
  5. Relating
  6. Seeking
  7. Sharing Your Story 

Each devotional starts with scripture, followed by some reading, a prayer, and ends with questions with space provided to record answers and thoughts.

Having myself lost six children to miscarriage, I am familiar with the pain that such loss brings. I have many dear friends that have endured stillbirth, third trimester miscarriage, and loss of their baby within days of giving birth. When emotions are raw, your heart is breaking, just breathing and eating is a chore, and you cannot imagine ever being able to move forward, sometimes the best gift that you can give is prayer, a hug, and a book such as Grieving The Child I Never Knew.

This book can be purchased on Amazon.


Disclaimer:
I recieved this book for free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...