Thursday, July 12, 2018

Math Essentials ~ A Review


Over the past weeks I have been working through Math Refresher for Adults from Math Essentials. This workbook is the perfect solution for those that need to refresh their math skill in the areas of General Math, Geometry, Problem Solving, Pre-Algebra, and Algebra. This is more than just a workbook! You can find tutorials for each new concept online at www.mathessentials.net and click on Videos. 


Math was never a strength of mine in school and now that I am homeschooling my kiddos I find it to still be a hindrance and a deficent. Once my kiddos hit upper level math things get a bit rocky. When this workbook came up for review I jumped at the chance to review it. While I have always told myself I HATE MATH, I have come to discover that I actually really do like it. The problem it that I just don't get it! Once I understand a concept and am able to make sense of it all I actually really enjoy the number challenge. Math is a bit like a foreign language. You have to continually review, and keep the skill up, or at least I do. 


Each page contains Review Problems, Helpful Hints (which are problems worked out), and then Practice Problems. The solutions to all of the problems are at the end of the workbook. Also, a Glossary of mathematical terms can be found at the end of the workbook as well. Helpful charts including; Important Symbols, Multiplication Table, Commonly Used Prime Numbers, Squares and Square Roots, and Fraction/Decimal Equivalents are also at the end of the workbook. 


So what exactly is covered in the workbook:
  • Whole Numbers
  • Fractions
  • Decimals
  • Percents
  • Geometry
  • Intergers
  • Charts and Graphs
  • Word Problems
  • Pre-Algebra and Algebra
There are approximately 224 pages of math problems. At the end of each section there is a final review before going on to the next section. 

I would definitely recommend this workbook for those needing a quick and easy way to refreshen their math skills. 


To read more reviews click here.

Social Media

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S NOT EWWW.... IT'S YOU

The book IT'S NOT EWWW.... IT'S YOU  by Sharon Leya explores our bodies' gross bodily functions. Illustrations are by Janne Ma...