Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Reading Lists 100 Years Ago Verses Today


Here is a great article comparing middle school reading lists from 1908 verses today. I am a HUGE proponent of students reading classical literature. All of my children, before they graduate high school, read most all of the classics. I am definitely going to look into some of these books and check them out. So many of these older books can be read free through online sites. I know that my children prefer to read actual physical books, but sometimes that is not possible. Half Price Books carries a great selection of older books. I am sure that they may have many of these. I am in total agreement with what is stated in the article. My children do enjoy many of the current authors but I do think it is important to have a balance between the old and the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...