Wednesday, September 7, 2016

CHSH-Teach.com


I had the opportunity to review the annual subscription to the CHSH Download Club from CHSH-Teach.com. CHSH stands for Christian Home School Hub. This site was created by a former public school teacher turned homeschool mom. Lynda Eckert is dedicated to providing educational materials  via the hub to everyone. The material found on the site was the brainchild of Lynda and many other very talented educators.


In a nutshell, CHSH Download Club has over 50,000 downloadable educational resources from Preschool through High School. You can browse by subject which includes:
  • Bible Related Resources
  • Languages
  • Art, Music & Crafts
  • Language Arts
  • Math
  • Science
  • Social Studies
  • Electives
  • Health
Or you can search by grade levels:
  • Preschool/Kindergarten
  • 1st - 3rd Grades
  • 4th - 8th Grades
  • High School/ 9th -12th Grades
You can also search by months/seasons, organization, and miscellaneous content. The category system is so very helpful! This hub gives the user access to learning materials such as lapbooks, worksheets, unit studies, flashcards, notebooking pages, and so much more.

I utilized many downloads for my kiddos in 3rd, 5th, and 7th grade. I will share a few of the wonderful gems that I found. Three of the downloads that I printed out were 100 Most Often Used Social Studies Vocabulary Words, A Complete Unit on the American Revolution, and Christopher Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue...Poem Copy Work.


My 7th grade daughter worked through the 100 Most Often Used Social Studies Vocabulary Words. She really enjoyed the unit study. Over the years of doing various Social Studies curriculums this was a great way to ensure that she had a firm grasp on pertinent vocabulary used.


My 5th grader worked through A Complete Unit on the American Revolution. I will say that this was a very thorough and somewhat challenging unit study. My daughter learned so much about the American Revolution. The pictures that were included in this study were spectacular.


My 3rd grader worked through Christopher Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue...Poem Copy Work. Last year she learned this poem as part of her poetry memorization. She remembered some of the poem so it was a great review. I chose this specifically so that she could work on her handwriting skills. She loved that she got to draw a picture to go along with each page.


I will definitely continue to use this site on a constant basis to supplement our studies. I have found wonderful resources for things that my children are currently studying as well as many gems that were just waiting to be found. The site is continually being updated with new material. I feel a bit like a "kid in a candy store" as I sift through all of the amazing educational resources.

The site is AMAZING. I would highly recommend this hub to others. The price is extremely reasonable. The biggest cost is printing the materials. Go check it out! You will not be disappointed.

To read more reviews click here.

Social Media
Facebook Group
Facebook Page
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+ Group
Google Business Page

Linked-In
Tumblr



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunflowers Rise in a Midnight Sky

Avery Davis's Sunflowers Rise in a Midnight Sky is a whimsical tale about what ifs and crazy events. The book is written in rhythmical ...