Wednesday, September 14, 2016

HelpTeaching.com ~ A Review


HelpTeaching.com is an amazing online source for educational resources for educators. The Help Teaching Pro Subscription  gives the user unlimited access to the site for only $24.95/year. HelpTeaching.com provides printable tests, activities, games, and lessons for PreK-12.

I was able to utilize this site for all of my children. I currently have kiddos in grades: 3rd, 5th, 8th, 10th, and 11th.

My 10th and 11th grade students are preparing for the SAT. I decided to have them both work through the SAT sections included on the site. I recently purchased an SAT study book and their eyes grew huge when they saw how thick the book was. They both liked that this was on the computer. It was not as overwhelming and they were both able to work through the material at their own pace.


My high school students are taking an elective class in Art/Music Appreciation this year. The Fine Arts section on this site was a great supplement for them. They are studying art and music throughout history and how they are connected. My 3rd grader learned about the color wheel and how blending colors created new colors.

1

My 5th grader still gets tripped up on measurement skills. Once she got past the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and into the 1/8's, 1/16's, and so on she had a hard time. She used some of the worksheets to help her get past this dip in the road.


With Fall right around the corner it was fun to incorporate some Fall activities into my 3rd and 5th graders weekly to-do lists. They had fun making up silly "Fall Haiku's" together. I used the Fall writing prompts to get my 3rd and 5th graders back into writing for the year.


My 3rd and 5th graders are studying Astronomy this year. The astronomy section was a great supplement to go along with our Astronomy curriculum. The worksheets, tests, slides, and activities that they did helped to reinforce what they are learning.


HelpTeaching.com has such a vast platform to explore. My elementary age kiddos really like that I am able to create a weekly crossword puzzle to go along with their spelling lists. Being able to search to content in the Test Maker is amazing. You are able to search various subjects, sift through a bank of available question, add in your own, and print out a test personalized for your student. The site keeps track stuff you use and make under the My Content tab.


Search by grade, subject, and narrow down your selections within subjects and grades. New content is continually being added.


Overall, I think that HelpTeaching.com is a great resource tool for educators. As a homeschool mom juggling multiple grades it is great to be able to access material for all of my kiddos in one place. I would highly recommend this site to other.

To read more reviews click here.

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something in the Basement

A little girl named Cecilia is afraid of a new sound she hears after moving into a new house in Malika Oakley's Something in the Basemen...