Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Pencil Grip ~ A Review


The Pencil Grip, Inc. has so many amazing products and their Thin Stix Creativity Pack is just one of the many great fun products you can find on their site. Kwik Stix are NO MESS, fast drying, tempera paints. You can finally let your kiddos paint without the worry of all of the mess associated with painting. No water is needed! Simply uncap, twist, and paint. The paint glides on and the colors are vibrant. Kwik Stix are solid tempura, non-toxic paint. 



Back in 2016 was our very first experience with Kwik Stix and since then we have been hooked! These paint sticks have been used on a regular basis for school projects, fundraising posters, birthday banners, holiday projects, and just for fun! These have turned into my go to gifts for gift giving for my younger children's friends because they are the perfect gift and moms always come back to thank me. 

Included in this set of 24 colors are:
  
12 Classic Colors


6 Metalix Colors


6 Neon Colors


Let The Mess Free Creativity Begin!

My 17 year old daughter absolutely loves Kwik Stix and when this set came she
asked me if she could draw some pictures for the review. Of course I said yes. 


Here my daughter is getting some inspiration from the season. 


My sister-in-law comes over once a week to teach some of my kiddos grammar. She
walked in and asked what was going on. She had never seen Kwik Stix before and it took a bit of coaxing on my part to get her to sit and try them. Once she started creating she was HOOKED! She asked me where she could buy them because she wanted to go out and get some for my niece and herself. She started talking about how wonderful these would be for her upcoming Christmas program set sceneries that she would need to create. 

 

This is my daughter's Fall inspired pumpkin picture. 


 This was my sister-in-law's Christmas doodle. As you can see she was thinking ahead to her 
Christmas program at church that she needed to make sets for. 


My sister-in-law creating a starry night picture while my daughter decided to make a mason
jar filled with flowers. 



The COLORS are so vibrant and bold. 


As you can well see, you do not have to be a kid to enjoy these fun paint sticks! My daughter is 17 and my sister-in-law is 40 something years young. While toddlers and children love Kwik Stix so do adults. Art is very therapeutic and relaxing. I love one of Pablo Picasso's quote about art which says, "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." When creating artwork of any kind you kind of get caught up in what you are creating and forget about everything else. It is a bit of an escape from reality.

With the holiday's nearing Kwik Stix would be great for:
  • family gatherings
  • gifts for family
  • stocking stuffers
  • birthday gifts for your kiddos friends
  • dropping off at your local hospice or retirement home
  • dropping off at your local Children's Hospital
  • dropping off at your local Crisis Shelter
  • adding to your church nursery and Sunday School classrooms
  • gifting a couple of sets to your child's teacher at school
  • and of course you need to have several sets a HOME

As you can tell I really love Kwik Stix. Over the months they have become a permanent art medium in our house. Yes, we still use the occasional paint brush and paints, but rarely. I think what everyone in our house likes so much about Kwik Stix is how smooth the paint glides onto the paper. You barely have to touch the stick to the paper it just glides on. Definitely check out the website and purchase just one set of Kwik Stix, because after you try them you too will be hooked!


To read more reviews click here.

Social Media
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thepencilgrip/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/thepencilgrip @thepencilgrip
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/thepencilgrip/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...