Friday, February 3, 2017

Salad and Dessert

Here are so very easy peasy recipes!

Broccoli Salad

2 large heads of broccoli (I cut the stock off and mainly use the heads)
1/2 a medium white or purple onion
3/4 cup cranberries
1 large apple
1/4 cup mayo or plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

Cut, dice, and chop the broccoli, onion, and apple. I like to soak my 
dried cranberries to plump them up and make them softer. I mixed the yogurt and
apple cider vinegar together and then mixed in it with all of the other ingredients. You may want a heavier dressing but I prefer to go light on the dressing. 



Bread Pudding

1 large loaf of homemade cinnamon bread
 (not fresh, I prefer to use it about a week old stored in the fridge)
4 eggs
2 cups milk (dairy, or other milk alternative)

When I make homemade bread after the first rise I roll out the dough.
Spread butter on the dough.
Add a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the butter. 
I use Earth Balance diary free spread.
Roll the dough up.
Let it rise and then bake at 350 degrees until done. 
There are many great bread recipes on the internet. 
I really like Allrecipes.com.
You could make gluten free bread also. 

Dice the bread and place in a sprayed pan. 
Wisk up the eggs and milk. 
Pour the mixture on the bread.
Using your hands or utensils mix the contents to full coat the bread.
Bake at 350 degrees until done. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Abby & Derek's Word Hunt

The story of Abby & Derek's Word Hunt  is written by Grace Martin and illustrated by Cristina Yepez. It tells the story of two sibl...