Saturday, November 21, 2015

Doodletopia Cartoons


Get your pencils ready!! Doodletopia Cartoons: DRAW, DESIGN, and COLOR Your Own Super-Fun Cartoon Creations by Christoper Hart is the ultimate doodlers delight. This book is all about doodling cartoons. This 160 page book contains 10 chapters of doodling fun including:
  1. Warm Up
  2. Fill in the Silhouette
  3. Draw the Other Half
  4. Select Different Expressions
  5. Choose and Design the Animals
  6. Dress Up Your Cartoons
  7. Finish the Funny Couples
  8. Write in Cartoon Calligraphy
  9. Draw Ridiculous Inventions
  10. Complete the Cartoons
My kiddos are always begging me to buy "how-to books" for drawing. My 15 year old is a talented artist and several of my other kiddos love to draw and doodle. My 13 year old was so very excited when this book arrived. With step-by-step drawing instructions, hints, and humorous dialogue you will find yourself drawn into the world of cartoons. Christopher Hart does an amazing job at explaining the specifics and "whys" of drawing.

My 15, 13, and 9 year old had fun doodling cartoons. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in learning how to draw cartoons and learn the basics of cartoon calligraphy. They learned cartooning techniques that gave them the confidence to doodle all day long.


Disclaimer: "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Elephant is Blue

Melinda Szymanik writes about BIG feelings in her book My Elephant is Blue. Have you ever felt so down that you felt as though an elephant ...