Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Goodnight Manger


Goodnight Manger is written by Laura Sassi, illustrated by Jane Chapman, and published by Zondervan. This children's story gives the reader a unique spin on the manger story. It's time for bed but all around chaos looms. Baby Jesus is unhappy and crying. Mama and Papa cannot get him to settle for the night.

I was really excited to read this manger story with Christmas right around the corner. Unfortunately, I did not like this book at all. I was expecting a story along the lines of the traditional story of baby Jesus. Instead, it spoke of chaos, crying, and nothing in the story was in line with the written account of the birth of Jesus. The pictures of the angels was quite interesting and didn't portray what one would think angels to look like. I especially did not like how Mary tells the angels, "Be quiet, please. Your voices carry on the breeze."

If you are looking for a storybook for your little ones that teaches them about Jesus birth, this is not the book for you. Your children will not learn anything about the Biblical account of Jesus birth. With that said, this is my personal opinion and I encourage you to take a look at the book for yourself. You may find this storybook to be a good fit for your child's bookshelf.

The illustrations are colorful and well done. Jane Chapman is a gifted illustrator.

This book can be purchased on Amazon.



Disclaimer:
I recieved this book for free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...