Monday, November 30, 2015

Pardon My Rant...

This past weekend our family went to see the new movie, The Good Dinosaur. The movie was okay, but definitely not a movie blockbuster hit. My rant is not about the movie but rather the Short Film: Sanjay's Super Team. I was appalled, horrified, and greatly disturbed by this approximately 7 minute film. Shame on Pixar. The short film was scary and violent to little eyes watching. Actually, it was a bit scary for me. Since watching it I have not been able to get it out of my head. In hindsight, if I would have known that the content was what it was I would have kept my children out of the theater until the movie started. I was greatly disturbed by how they chose to use a superhero in this film. I also did not appreciate that my children were exposed to this quite frightening religious portrayal of another faith that we do not hold to. 

What is wrong with an entertaining, lighthearted, laughable, child appropriate short film?!?!? This was a far cry for appropriate. 

The basic plot is:
"According to the Los Angeles Times, the short follows a boy named Sanjay who is asked by his father to take part in a daily Hindu ritual: "Reluctant and bored by the ceremony, Sanjay begins daydreaming a kind of ancient, Hindu version of "The Avengers," with the gods appearing like superheroes. As the daydream progresses, the color, light and animation of the film grows increasingly dazzling and cosmic, and Sanjay grows closer to understanding his father's inner world."





After conversing with a quit a few others I realized that I was not alone in my feelings. I chose to post this as a WARNING to others that have yet to take their children to see the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARN GERMAN FOR ADULT BEGINNERS: SPEAK GERMAN IN 30 DAYS! - 3 BOOKS IN 1

Have you always wanted to learn German? Then look no further. Explore to Win:  LEARN GERMAN FOR ADULT BEGINNERS: SPEAK GERMAN IN 30 DAYS! -...