Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Engaging Your Child

We are often in the car and while it would be so easy to just listen to music the other day I turned it off and engaged my daughter in play. Remember the game, "I went to the store...?" Well, during our drive we challenged our minds, laughed, and had so much fun.

Our first game centered around food, I went to the store and bought.....

Artichokes
Beets
Cucumbers
Donuts
Eggs
Fish
Gum
Ham
Ice Cream
Jelly
Kefir
Lemons
Mangos
Nutella
Orange Juice
Pepperoni
Quaker Oats
Rice
Salami
Tatar Tots
Ugly Fruit
Venison
Watermelon
Xanthun Gum
Yams
Zucchini

You go back and forth coming up with words in alphabetical order until you have completed the alphabet. The trick is that each time you have to say everything that has been completed along the way. I was quite surprised at how well my brain remembered the ever growing list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Up High

Matt Hunt's Up High tells the story of a young boy and his father walking into town. The boy holds his father's hand. He feels so...