Tuesday, August 23, 2016

How reviewing has positively influenced my children...

Almost two years ago I jumped feet first into reviewing products and curriculums for the Schoolhouse Review Crew and various other vendors. As a homeschooler for over 16 years I realized that I was way too comfortable in "my box" of using the same curriculum year after year. I decided it was time to explore and expand our educational curricula. The plethora of amazing curriculums and resources is astronomical!!

Anyway, back to the reason for this post. Back in 2015 I had the privilege of reviewing Memoria Press ~ Latina Christiana I. My then 9th grader decided that she would choose Latin for her high school foreign language requirements. Fast forward to now. My daughter is beginning her 11th grade year. This year she is taking a Fine Arts elective class entitled, Humanities: Art and Music.



The Latin she has learned has been a great asset for many of the Fine Arts courses that she has taken and will be taking. Latina Christiana has given my daughter a great Latin language foundation.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's great. I am glad she enjoyed it. Also, I bet she likes giving her opinion on products. I'm a curriculum junkie and trying different curriculum has made obvious the ways my kids learn best.

    ReplyDelete

Something in the Basement

A little girl named Cecilia is afraid of a new sound she hears after moving into a new house in Malika Oakley's Something in the Basemen...