Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mercer Mayer Books



As a child I have fond memories of books written by Mercer Mayer. One book in particular that I loved was, Just Me And My Dad. The reason that I loved this particular book so much was because my dad was not around. My parents were divorced when I was in 3rd grade and before that my dad was gone a lot due to military obligations. Anyways, I would read this book over and over and and live vicariously through Little Critter and his dad.


God has blessed my husband and I with six amazing children. Through the years I have shared many of Mercer Mayer's books with my children. Recently I purchased Little Critter ~ Just A Storybook Collection for my 7 year old. I wanted to give her something easy to read that was not overwhelming. I have fun activities planned to go along with the stories. As my daughter read, Bye-Bye, Mom and Dad, she could hardly contain her giggles. Books do not always have to be challenging to reap great benefits.

The internet is full of amazing crafts and activities to go along with almost every children's book. Pinterest is a great place to start. Here are two examples of fun activities.

http://www.dltk-teach.com/books/littlecritter/index.htm
http://www.littlecritter.com/color_page60.html


YouTube  also has many of the books available in read along version.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LEARN GERMAN FOR ADULT BEGINNERS: SPEAK GERMAN IN 30 DAYS! - 3 BOOKS IN 1

Have you always wanted to learn German? Then look no further. Explore to Win:  LEARN GERMAN FOR ADULT BEGINNERS: SPEAK GERMAN IN 30 DAYS! -...