Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Quick And Easy Meal


In order to give my family variety I mix up the traditional taco or nacho meal. Today I decided to use my Instant Pot to make tender, yummy shredded chicken. I tend to let my family decide whether they want to use tortilla chips, hard taco shells, flour tortillas, or soft corn tortillas. So here is what I did.

4 chicken breasts (fat trimmed off)
Using my Instant Pot on the high pressure meat setting,
I placed the cut up chicken breasts, taco seasoning, and some water. 


The meat took about an hour in the Instant Pot.
After it was done I shredded it.

Mexican Rice
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
3 Tbsp oil (I used Safflower)
Stir the rice and oil until the rice is a bit golden.
Add in about 1/3 cup diced onion.
Next, add in about 1/2 to 3/4 cup tomato blend 
(I like a tomato sauce that has fine tomato chunks)
Add in 2 cups of chicken stock.
Simmer about 20 minutes until tender and liquid has dissipated. 
*Yes, you read it right, you will not add the liquid until later.


Refried Beans
If you don't have time canned beans are fine. 
I prefer to soak pinto beans overnight and then cook the next day.
To cook beans I like to let them slow cook in the crock pot with 
salt, water, and jalapeños. 
After they are done I use a potato masher to mush the beans. 

Add extras such as avocado, cheese, taco sauce, lettuce, or whatever
you like with your tacos. 

Easy Peasy Meal In An Hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Up High

Matt Hunt's Up High tells the story of a young boy and his father walking into town. The boy holds his father's hand. He feels so...