Thursday, August 27, 2015

Book Reads for August

The following is a list of novels my 4th, 7th, 9th and 10th graders
have read for the month of August.



A capacity and taste for reading gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others. 
~ Abraham Lincoln ~



“Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.” 
~ Angela Carter ~



The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. 
~ Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!" ~



Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested. 
 ~ Francis Bacon ~



The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read. 
 ~ Mark Twain ~



1 comment:

  1. That is a great list of books. I have Evidence Not Seen on my nightstand. It is a book I want to red.

    ReplyDelete

Shark Anatomy Floor Puzzle

The  Shark  Anatomy Floor Puzzle  is a reversible 2-in-1 puzzle.  This puzzle is 54" long by 21" high and contains 100 pieces.   T...