Friday, May 20, 2016

Dr. Eureka


Blue Orange has come out with some amazing games in 2016!! Our family had the opportunity to review a couple of them. The first game, Dr. Eureka ~ Mix The Molecules, Master The Formula!, is for ages 8 and up and for up to 4 players. Just to warn you..the game is highly competitive and addictive.


The game comes with 54 challenge cards, 24 colored balls, 12 test tubes, and illustrated rules. Be prepared to laugh, scream, and get frustrated "in a good way". After playing the first game my kids were hooked. The game produced some very healthy competition. 


The object of the game is to recreate the pattern shown on the game card by moving the colored balls from tube to tube without touching them with your bare hands. The player who solves the "scientific formula solution" first is labeled the smartest scientist in the lab.


Playing on hardwood floor creates an extra element of fun when you accidentally drop a ball on the floor and it begins rolling. I laughed as I watched my kids chasing rolling balls trying to scoop them up with the test tube and not touching the ball.


I was pleasantly surprised by how fast my children were able to replicate the pattern on each playing card.


My 7 year old daughter and her 9 year old sister racing to see who would be the winning "mad scientist".


The game can be played solo. This would be a great educational tool to use for hand-eye coordination skills and patterns, as well as problem solving skills. Thinking of having a Mad Scientist Party for your child. This game would be a fantastic addition to a party.

This game is definitely a must have game!!




Disclaimer: I received this game for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Elephant is Blue

Melinda Szymanik writes about BIG feelings in her book My Elephant is Blue. Have you ever felt so down that you felt as though an elephant ...